Covid-19 or Coronavirus is a global pandemic which has grappled many countries. This virus poses threat to humanity. There are few key measures that individuals can take to fight this pandemic, like washing hands frequently, using an alcohol sanitizer, wearing a mask (cover your nose and mouth), avoiding touching your hand or mouth and boosting or strengthening the immune system to fight against the virus.
The immune system is the body’s defence against infections. The immune system attacks germs and helps to keep you healthy. So the immune system does a remarkable job of protecting you against disease-causing microorganisms. But if one has a weak immune system then germs invade successfully making them sick.
Indicators of weak immune system:
- Frequent infections or sickness
- Other troubling symptoms: recurrent cold, lots of stomach problems (frequent diarrhea, gas or constipation), slow wound healing, etc.
Factors which weaken immune system:
- High level of stress or depression
- Lack of sleep
- Low Vitamin D
- Certain medications (drugs to treat cancer, allergies, arthritis, lupus, IBS & organ transplant)
- High Fat Diet and Low fruit and Veggies intake
- Smoking & Alcohol